2016.06 – Present
Sasaki Associates | Watertown, MA
Planner + Urban Designer
2014.06 – 2016.06
DSK Architects + Planners | Concord, MA
- Engage with scientific and educational institutions through visioning workshops and meetings, site visits, and space-use assessments to develop master plans, strategic facility plans, and architectural programs.
- Manage and develop building data sets for institutions using FICM (Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual)and FCI (Facility Condition Index) data collected during the strategic facilities planning process.
- Execute feasibility studies for new buildings and other initiatives from the institutional planning process, resulting in a high rate of architectural projects for the firm.
- Coordinate production of presentations, planning documents, and fund raising materials used by the clients to gain support from board members, city and town organizations, and the greater community.
- Effectively deliver design solutions that support institutional growth and development through building long-term relationships with clients.
2012.02 – 2014.06
Homesite Insurance | Boston, MA
- Served as a direct link between business stakeholders and IT Department to facilitate execution of requested projects.
- Partnered with the company’s IT program and project managers, business stakeholders and executives, to coordinate delivery, ensuring seamless execution of multiple projects.
- Managed possible risks associated with the development of sensitive and proprietary software, ensuring all projects continued the delivery process without interruption.
- Developed and managed resource management tool geared to providing all projects with the appropriate support.
Corporate Culture + Environmental Planner
- Facilitated move for IT Department of 150 employees to new building resulting in no down time or loss of productivity.
- Developed IT Space Plan for new space, implementing the IT Department’s vision through the use of office design and layout, and new policies and procedures improving collaboration and efficiency.
- Managed and documented work flows of several 10-20 person teams in the IT Department resulting in an analysis of the IT project delivery process.
- Coordinated the creation and implementation of new IT processes for business and operational changes in order to ensure the IT project delivery process remained seamless.
2014.11 – Present
- Guide a team of real estate professionals through the development process of the program’s project site in the Boston area.
- Coordinate and align the design and vision with the financial strategy and ensure the project meets the demands of the program, city and its potential users.
2012.04 – 2013.05
Wentworth Institute of Technology, School of Architecture|Boston, MA
- Taught several studio courses that focused on architecture in the context of the city and environment.Guided students in the design of a neighborhood master plan including retail and residential development.
- Encouraged students to engage with the community throughout the design process leading to students continuing the engagement process after the completion of the class project
2013.01 – 2013.05
Boston University, College of Fine Arts + College of Arts and Sciences | Boston, MA
- Developed and delivered course to support the curriculum and direction of the new Architectural Studies Program.
- Designed lectures, tutorials, projects and exercises to provide students with the necessary skills for architectural drawing and representation, as well as preparing the students for a future in design studies.
2012.12 – 2014.06
Fenway CDC | Boston, MA
Urban Village Committee Member
- Served as co-chair of Transportation and Pedestrian Access Subcommittee.
- Developed transportation and pedestrian priorities for the neighborhoods’ Urban Village Plan through meetings and workshops with the community.
- Reviewed and critiqued project proposals related to the priorities of the Urban Village Plan update.
2015.09 – Present
Urban Land Institute | Boston, MA
- Educated high-school and college students on principles of real estate development.
- Facilitated discussions with the students while they developed a design and proforma, in order to prepare them for the final proposal to the “city”.
- Critiqued the teams’ final proposal to the “city”, and chose the winning proposal.
- Provided research and graphic analysis comparing Los Angeles and Tokyo by historical events and patterns in growth of population, infrastructure, and land.
Master of Architecture | University of Southern California | Los Angeles, CA
Honors: Research Scholar, Tau Sigma Delta Honors Society Member, Alpha Rho Chi Bronze Medal Recipient 2011
Academic Focus: Urban Design, Policy and Planning, and Urban History and Theory
Bachelor of Science | Roger Williams University | Bristol, RI
Major: Architecture | Minor: Art + Architectural History
Professional Associations + Continuing Education
2013 – Present
APA | MA Chapter, Urban Design and Preservation Division Member
2014 – Present
Urban Land Institute | ULI Young Leaders Group Member, UrbanPlan Volunteer
APA PTS | Compressive Planning for Sustaining Communities | David R. Godschalk + Benjamin Herman
Stakeholder + Community Engagement; Consensus Building; Resource Management; Document Development; Verbal + Visual Communication
Design + Planning
Land Use Planning; City + District Planning; Multifamily Housing Design; Strategic Facilities Planning
Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Suite; AutoCAD; Visio; GIS; Rhino; Revit; Sketch-up
References available upon request